When to Visit the DORA
Thursdays 4 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Fridays & Saturdays 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Explore Downtown Fostoria’s Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area
What is DORA?
A Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) allows patrons ages 21 and older to purchase an alcoholic beverage from an approved, liquor-permitted establishment, then sip, stroll, shop and explore within the designated boundaries.
The State of Ohio approved the DORA concept in 2015, and many cities across Ohio have an active DORA, including Fremont, Tiffin, Findlay, and Port Clinton.
The creation of the DORA is intended to enhance the outdoor dining and visitor experiences in downtown Fostoria, while encouraging more business for participating restaurant and retail establishments in the area.
- No BYOB. All beverages must be purchased at a participating establishment.
- Your drink must be in a DORA cup.
- No exploring outside the DORA boundaries with your beverage.
- Throw cups away before entering the next liquor establishment.
- Patrons must be in the 21 or older club to participate.
Look for the Signs
Each business will display one of the following window clings at the establishment’s entrance.
Look for these signs to know how a business chooses to participate in the Fostoria DORA.
As you leave the DORA boundaries, you will encounter “DORA cups not permitted beyond this point” signs. You will then need to responsibly dispose of your drink before proceeding.
Indicates a designated downtown Fostoria DORA liquor serving establishment.
Indicates a retail or service establishment that permits DORA beverages to enter.
Indicates no DORA beverages permitted on the establishment’s premises.
0123 Safe Drinking Guidelines
According to the National Institute of Health,
Drinking in Moderation Follows the 0123 Safe Drinking Guidelines
- 0-Per Day: Do not drink alcohol if there are underlying medical conditions or underage
- 1-Standard drink per hour
- 2-Standard drinks per day
- 3-Standard drinks on any one day
Learn more at RETHINKINGDRINKING.NIAAA.NIH.GOV
Mental Health and Addiction Recovery Resources Guide (en espanol)
Rethinking Drinking – Alcohol &Your Health
Prevention Action Alliance – Learn About Alcohol